I'm a Business Honors, MIS, CS, Biology student at UT Austin and Co-Founder of Texas Product Engineering Organization. Previously, I was a PM intern at Roblox, TEC Fellow at True Ventures, SWE intern at Pulse Q&A (YC W18) and Diligent Robotics, and medtech researcher at Dell Medical School.
My life goal is to solve big problems using my technical background, passion for good, and entrepreneurial hustle. In my spare time you can find me playing tennis, skateboarding around downtown Austin, slurping down my Grandma's chicken pho, or finding new places to watch the sunset.View My Resume
Used by 5,000+ users; Web and Slack App used to listen to Spotify music with others in real-time from anywhere in the world with an open queue & gain insights into what friends are listening to. I built this 2 months before Spotify’s release of the same feature.
Web and Slack App
Founded UT’s first org that teaches students of all majors how to build technology through practical product/design/eng classes and community impact projects
• Leading team of 25 in running student org including recruitment of 70 people, 3 practical tech courses, and 5 software projects
• Creating curriculum and teaching 11-week courses over product management and full-stack engineering to 20+ students
• Managing 5 software projects for 50K+ people at Dell Medical School/ Children’s Hospital, UT Gov, and Blackstone Launchpad
Winter 2019 - Present
Nonprofit and Student Organization
I created an online multi-sided marketplace and donation community for dining hall meals. On-campus students are able to sell their required meals for real money cheaply to others or donate them to a community fund for food insecure students. I won Best Social Good Hack for the Community and Best Use of Open Source Data for Hunger at HackTX.
• Launched a startup connecting 1,000 students in a two-sided meal marketplace, facilitating 800+ dining hall meal transactions
• Built and designed a payment, matchmaking, and user meet-up system that processed $4000 and donated $800 to UT food bank
• Selected as 1 / 10 student startups to compete for $10K in funding and pitch at SXSW ATX Startup Crawl/LSL Finals to 600+ people
Game matchmaking (MM) team; responsible for insights into and improving the algorithm that matches 160M MAU to game instances by 15%
• Drove A/B testing of optimal parameter weights based on data analysis; increased total user playtime per day by 4.7M minutes
• Implemented 10 dashboards to understand the effects of MM algorithm parameters like game occupancy on user engagement • Analyzed 150M+ data points to validate parameter scoring (standardizes raw values) and determine optimal parameter weights
• Designed product requirements over game join data, server migration to latest game updates, and machine learning based MM
Designing and building front end product used by nurses to control Moxi, an autonomous social robot that automates hospital tasks.
• Conducted research with 10 nurses and robotics team to ideate UX of Moxi delivering items via mobile app for 3 hospitals
• Designed and developed an app saving 70K+ hours a year for 60+ nurses by helping them to deliver medical items with Moxi
• Built robot operator dashboard in ReactJS to monitor 12 robots’ hardware health, current task progress, and surroundings
I built and designed new core features of Pulse, an online community for tech executives to speak and share information over their technology stacks and industry. I built out functionalities of content channels, feed filtering, read-only user modes for >8,000 CIOs, and a popular LinkedIn polling extension.
• Developed social features for 20K+ execs: user profiles, content channels, polls, commenting, feed filters, and anon user modes
• Built and shipped Polls for LinkedIn, a Chrome extension; a Product Hunt featured product of the month with 1,000+ upvotes
• Established the True Ventures founder group on Pulse, building a community knowledge forum for 324+ True funded founders
Tech consulted for the Associate Pediatrics Professor of Dell Medical School. Designed/made a custom mobile app using Swift and a Node.js backend on AWS. Lets patients access their prescriptions, track their adherence, and disease progress.
Dell Children's Medical Foundation
Conducted research under the Chief Technology Innovation Officer of Dell Medical School to create an efficient, easy-to-use mobile EHR that converted free-flow text to computable data. I used SpeechKit and developed a NLP algorithm to help physicians input data hands-free.
Mobile App and Research Poster
A mobile app coded in Swift that allows others to create sporting events, invite their friends, and keep track of wins/losses in a gamified elo system.
Worked under Dr. Jean Gao of the UT Arlington CSE to create a Java program that analyzed TCGA clinical data and detected cancer in lung tissue images. Used image preprocessing, segmentation, feature extraction, and classification of the tissue images as well as a k-means algorithm.
UT Arlington CSE
Machine Learning Image Classifer
Hours of Sleep Lost
Lines of Spaghetti Code
Dollars Spent on AWS